Thursday, February 10, 2011

Aliens

Before I was married, I worked for Aramark and had a wonderful boss. She had worked really hard on her career and had moved up in the company so her and her husband had decided to hold off on having a  baby for awhile. One day, we were talking about one of our coworkers getting pregnant and my boss's face turned sour. I asked her what that look was for and this was her explanation of being pregnant...

When you are pregnant, it is like you have an alien in your body eating all your food and taking all your energy. Then that alien starts to move...creepy! Can you imagine something moving inside of you without you controlling it?

This made me laugh so hard! I didn't have any experience being pregnant but I had never heard anyone describe it like that. Now that I have a little more experience...I still wouldn't describe it quite like that. The baby has started to move this time and I have been trying to figure out how to describe the feeling to others. Right now it is like a cat's tail rubbing your leg in your belly or a light poke. This will be changing soon as the baby gets stronger and bigger but for now it is really a fun feeling. I can't wait until Dan can feel the kicks and nudges on a more regular basis.

Well, here's to 20 more weeks of an alien living inside of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment